Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bring it On: Can Dems scare enough scared voters to take Capitol Hill?

By JONATHAN DARMAN & EVAN THOMAS
Newsweek

9.18.06 Issue

Newsweek - Candidates for the November elections usually campaign flat-out in the week after Labor Day. Jim Webb, Democratic nominee for the U.S. Senate from Virginia, took off to hang out with a bunch of 20-year-olds on a Marine base in North Carolina, to drink beer, make small talk and wait. He was not on holiday: one of the young men was Webb's son, Jimmy, 24, a lance corporal in the Marines who was about to ship out to Iraq. "I had to clear my schedule and clear my head," says Webb. "I just wanted to be with my son."
Photo Captions & Credits: "President Bush greets a U.S. Marine after speaking about the ongoing war on terrorism" By Khue Bui for Newsweek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home